Shinkenger to Power Rangers
Compiled by Joe Rovang
WARNING: This document contains significant spoilers for Shinkenger and Power Rangers Samurai.
|Lauren||second Red Ranger|
|Zords||main five are red Lion, blue Dragon, green Bear, yellow Ape, and pink Turtle|
|Samurai Megazord||primary five-piece robot|
|Beetle Zord||orange, can combine with Megazord (Beetle Blaster Megazord)|
|Swordfish Zord||blue, can combine with Megazord|
|Tiger Zord||white, can combine with Megazord|
|Battlewing||Beetle + Swordfish + Tiger|
|Battlewing Megazord||Megazord + Battlewing|
|Octozord||white squid, used by Gold, can combine with Megazord|
|Claw Zord||gold lobster, used by Gold, can turn into four different Claw Battlezords (one of which merges with the Octozord)|
|Claw Armor Megazord||Megazord + Claw Zord; Battlewing and Octozord form a supplemental cannon|
|Light Zord||lantern and stick wielded by Gold, can transform into an autonomous giant robot|
|Shark Zord||sharp-toothed legged creature (!), usually used as a sword|
|Bull Zord||red bull, can turn into warrior mode|
|Gigazord||Megazord + Battlewing + Octozord + Claw Zord + Bull|
|Sanzu River||mythical river; the Nighlok occupy a boat on this river|
|Xandred||boss of the villains|
|Dayu||villainess, plays the shamisen (so-called "harmonium")|
|Octoroo||squat, squid-headed scholar|
|Moogers||foot soldiers (also seen in giant form)|
|Monsters||creatures from Sanzu River, sometimes have to leave battle to rehydrate|
|Spitfangs||creatures resembling crocodile heads on legs (also seen in giant form)|
|Deker||cursed warrior, seeks duel with Red Ranger|
|Serrator||evil general who debuts later, can create giant warriors (Papyrox) from cut paper|
|Ep #||Description||PRS #||Title
|1||gathering||1||Origins, part 1
|2||teamwork||2||Origins, part 2
|3||Green solo||3||The Team Unites
|4||Blue/Pink||4||Deal with a Nighlok
|5||Fire Smasher||5||Day Off
|6||insulting Emily||6||Sticks and Stones
|7||Swordfish||7||A Fish Out of Water
|8||Dayu and brides||8||There Go the Brides
|9||Blue mind-controlled||9||I've Got a Spell on Blue
|10||Green goes rogue||10||Forest for the Trees
|11||Red leaves||11||Test of the Leader
|12||Red returns||12||Jayden's Challenge
|15||Green vs. shapeshifter||-||Stuck on Christmas
|16||shell monster||22||Shell Game
|17||Gold debuts||13||Unexpected Arrival
|18||Red/Gold||14||Room for One More
|19||Gold/Blue||15||The Blue and the Gold
|20||Claw Zord||16||Team Spirit
|22||Yellow as fiancée||-||-
|23||temple||17||The Tengen Gate
|24||vest power-up||18||Boxed In
|25||dream monster||19||Broken Dreams
|26||Deker/Red duel||20||The Ultimate Duel
|27||body switcher||23||Trading Places
|28||Gold's lantern||24||Something Fishy
|29||lantern leaves||29||Runaway Spike
|31||hospital hostage||25||The Rescue
|32||rogue Bull||26||The Bull Zord
|34||Pink's parents||27||He Ain't Heavy Metal, He's My Brother
|35||Blue Morpherless||28||Kevin's Choice
|36||Yellow/Gold||-||Clash of the Red Rangers
|37||Green/Blue stuck||31||A Sticky Situation
|38||Ji's day off||32||Trust Me
|40||Xandred's outing||33||The Master Returns
|41||appetite monster||30||The Strange Case of the Munchies
|42||pillars of light||34||A Crack in the World
|43||Serrator falls||35||Stroke of Fate
|44||female Red debuts||36||Fight Fire with Fire
|45||working with female Red||37||The Great Duel
|47||Deker falls||38||Evil Reborn
|48||the seal||39||The Sealing Symbol
|49||final battle||40||Samurai Forever
Each sentai episode is summarized below in blue as though it were directly translated for Power Rangers. Usable sentai footage is listed in black bullet points. Updated information is in green.
As the Nighlok attack, Jayden reluctantly accepts help from four individuals trained to serve him.
- Octoroo watches from the Sanzu riverbank as the villains' boat rises up from the water. Inside, he finds Dayu and a cranky Xandred. A monster boards the boat, and Octoroo sends him on a mission.
- The Red Ranger fights Moogers alone, finishing with a fire attack.
- Later, the five Rangers fight a large horde of Moogers; Red summons a ridiculously large sword (Fire Smasher, right), and the others join in with their own weapons. Red beats the monster; it grows, and the Zords debut. Red's Lion Zord finishes the monster.
Use: This episode was adapted as PRS #1: "Origins, part 1," but Jayden was less of a jerk, and Kevin was a swimmer rather than a kabuki performer. All cockpit footage has been reshot (employing US-original "Mega Mode").
The Rangers and Jayden learn to trust each other. The Megazord debuts.
- Xandred hopes for the Sanzu River to overflow and flood the Earth with its red water. Octoroo reads from a book, and Xandred calls for a monster.
- The Rangers fight Moogers; the monster overwhelms Red.
- The Rangers win with combined sword attacks; the four Rangers stack their Zords ineffectually, but Red joins in to form the Samurai Megazord (right). The Megazord fights giant Moogers and destroys the monster.
Use: This episode was adapted as PRS #2: "Origins, part 2," but little tension between Jayden and the team remained.
Jayden scolds Mike for his inferior skills; Mike outsmarts a monster but comes to respect Jayden's skills (wanting to surpass them someday).
- On the villains' boat, a monster (Rofer) bickers with Dayu; Xandred breaks them up and dispatches Rofer.
- Green gets pounded by Rofer's long, burrowing arms. The others show up but are overwhelmed; Blue helps them retreat.
- Rofer takes a swim in the Sanzu River as Octoroo measures the river's depth.
- Later, Green rushes ahead of the others to fight Moogers and try to outrun Rofer's fists (right); Red gets hit while trying to help, but Green tangles up Rofer's arms and finishes him.
- Green tries to fight giant Rofer alone and objects when Red forms the Megazord. Red senses Rofer's incoming attack and counters it, severing Rofer's hands before finishing him off.
Use: This episode was adapted as PRS #3: "The Team Unites," but the team dynamic was softened. The hand-severing was unexpectedly retained.
Kevin and Mia investigate a boy who had a suspicious contact with a monster; they come to terms with their own postponed dreams.
- A monster (Doubletone) boards the villains' boat. Xandred is cranky.
- The Rangers fight Moogers in the woods; Blue and Pink team up against Doubletone.
- In a later giant battle, the blue dragon drops Pink's Zord in block mode (right) on Doubletone; the Megazord then wins, following a Pink arm detachment attack.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #4: "Deal with a Nighlok."
Jayden struggles to power a new disc; he succeeds, and a new cannon and Beetle Zord debut.
- A gun monster (Dreadhead) blows stuff up downtown. Four Rangers try to fight him but find him un-slashable; Red arrives and discovers likewise, though their combined slashes work to some extent. Red has an orange disc but seems hesitant to use it. Dreadhead leaves to rehydrate.
- Octoroo pours water on Dreadhead in the boat. The villains talk.
- Later, Red shows up to help the others; he again hesitates but uses the orange disc to turn the Fire Smasher into a cannon (right) which destroys Dreadhead. For the ensuing giant battle, Red uses the disc to summon the Beetle Zord, and the Beetle Blaster Megazord finishes off the monster.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #5: "Day Off." Predictably, the monster's bullet-based attacks were modified (the barrel of his gun even painted over). The Red Mega Ranger was inserted over footage of Red Ranger outside the Zords.
Mike is irritated by Emily's low self-esteem; the Rangers face off with a monster whose insults send them flying (except for Emily, who's used to such insults and has little self-esteem to lose).
- A monster (Negatron) begins to climb aboard the boat, but Octoroo doesn't want him to speak.
- Downtown, Negatron's words send Green, Blue, Pink, and Red flying, but Yellow is unfazed (right); Negatron retreats.
- Negatron infuriates Dayu; Xandred warns her to stop and tells Negatron to continue his attack.
- The Rangers later confront Negatron, who targets Yellow; the others fight Moogers while she pummels Negatron again, and Green helps her finish him (she casts stones into his mouth to silence him).
- The Beetle Blaster Megazord destroys Negatron.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #6: "Sticks and Stones."
Kevin is sent to capture the Swordfish Zord, and a disaffected assistant (now a fisherman) makes him question his resolve. A monster poisons the others, but the Swordfish heals them, and Kevin saves the day. Deker looks on.
- Octoroo measures the Sanzu River. The villains talk.
- The Rangers (sans Blue) fight a monster (Yamiror) whose toxic gas disables them.
- Later, Red fights Yamiror in a notably weakened state.
- Later, all five Rangers fight Yamiror with renewed vigor (Deker watches from above). Blue contributes a new blue disc to the cannon to finish the monster. In giant size, the Swordfish Zord (right) saves the day.
- Deker traverses the woods at night.
Use: This episode was adapted fairly closely as PRS #7: "A Fish Out of Water," but the fisherman was turned into an encouraging fellow with no backstory.
Jayden and Mia try to serve as bait to figure out the villains' bride-kidnapping spree (Dayu is making a dress). Deker interrupts the Rangers' battle, awaiting the day he battles Jayden.
- Octoroo and Xandred talk (Dayu isn't present on the boat).
- Deker prepares his sword at night (the full moon is reddish).
- The Rangers fight Moogers and Dayu; Deker defends her (right), and both leave.
- The Megazord disposes of giant Moogers.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #8: "There Go the Brides," but it was Emily rather than Kevin who served as the second decoy bride.
A monster arrives with the Tiger Zord under his command. Kevin is ensorcelled, and Jayden has to battle him (Deker watches in human form); all ends well, thanks to a "Resist" disc Jayden uses.
- Deker speaks with the villains on their boat, but a monster interrupts to show off the Tiger Zord, which waits on the river's shore.
- The monster shows off the Tiger against the Rangers and prepares a spell blast; Blue pushes Green out of the way and is ensorcelled himself, leading him to fight the Rangers.
- The monster boasts to the villains on the boat.
- Deker does more woods-walking.
- Later, Red duels Blue at a quarry as the monster watches; after much battling (right), Red performs a fire slash which breaks the spell (his sword was equipped with a disc marked with the kanji for "Resist").
- Red fights the Tiger with his own Zord; upon stunning it, he enters and soon frees it.
- The monster grows upon being defeated by the four Rangers; the Tiger fights him and merges with the Megazord to finish him off.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #9: "I Got a Spell on Blue."
Jayden assigns new discs to Kevin and Mia, but Mike tries to use Mia's instead; Mike learns to use his own power to defeat a flying monster (but Mia then gives him her disc anyway).
- A monster (Desperaino) is present on the boat, but Xandred isn't present; Octoroo and Dayu send the monster out and ponder a book.
- In a fight with Desperaino (who can fly), Pink and Blue intend to use special discs (blue and orange), but Pink drops hers; the others are irritated when Green tries to use it (right). He fails, and Desperaino gets away.
- Later, Desperaino vexes the four Rangers; Green arrives and uses his staff to vault up and finish the monster.
- In the ensuing Megazord battle, the Rangers combine the Tiger, Swordfish, and Beetle into the Samurai Battlewing.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #10: "Forest for the Trees."
Targeted by the villains, Jayden doesn't want the others risking their lives to defend him. Deker interrupts a battle with a tough monster but finds Jayden isn't ready for their fight.
- Pink and Yellow fight normal-sized Moogers while the guys handle giant versions in the Battlewing.
- The five team up below, but more Moogers keep emerging, and they seem to be targeting Red. He borrows Yellow's sword to finish them off, but an ominous voice is heard from red crevices nearby.
- Xandred passes out drunk on his boat. Octoroo and Dayu discuss another book. Fuzzy yellow and black soot sprites ("Furrywarts") dangle mockingly from the ceiling. Octoroo and Dayu talk more. A monster (Robtish) enters.
- Deker watches as Red fights Robtish and the others fight Moogers. Red is hit hard, but Yellow and Blue take a second blast. Pink and Green help Red, but Deker arrives and hits everybody, wanting to fight Red alone (right). Robtish leaves to rehydrate after a three-way clash with Red and Deker.
- Red fares poorly against Deker; Deker is displeased and slices a boulder instead of Red before leaving.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #11: "Test of the Leader."
Jayden leaves to think. Xandred drives Deker away. Jayden saves a young boy and works with the team to counter the monster's attacks. Kevin suggests a new Megazord formation.
- Deker clashes with Moogers and Xandred on the shore of Sanzu River. Having been watching, Octoroo and Dayu send Robtish (above) out again (Furrywarts continue to dangle).
- As the Rangers fight Robtish, Red directs them to counter his attack.
- During the Megazord fight, giant flying Moogers emerge; the Battlewing Megazord debuts, and the Moogers and monster are defeated.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #12: "Jayden's Challenge." Kevin introduced the Battlewing Megazord drawings earlier than in the sentai.
A monster burdens the male Rangers with demon-children whose cries weigh them down; Emily is concerned about Mia's injuries from battle as Mia speaks of wanting to be a bride and mother. Mia and Emily team up against the monster.
- Xandred is cranky (a cloth is tied around his head); he banishes the Furrywarts back into the ceiling. The villains talk, and a monster eventually climbs up.
- Pink fights a monster alone before the others arrive. The monster attaches balls to Blue and Green's backs; they turn into piggybacking demonic humanoids (right) who weigh they down when they cry. Pink tries to slash Blue's demon-child, but it hurts Blue.
- Pink takes a hard hit in battle; Red slashes the monster but receives a demon-child of his own (this one hugging him from the front). The monster leaves.
- On the boat, the monster is surprised by Octoroo's depth reading.
- Pink and Yellow fight the monster; Pink keeps fighting despite a residual injury. The girls combine kanji (Pink's "wind" plus Yellow's "mountain" forms "storm"); a tornado hurls the monster into the air, and both slash him from opposite directions. Pink hugs Yellow in a parental manner afterward.
- All five pilot the Megazord, which receives two demon-children of its own. The Battlewing weighs down the monster, and the Megazord finishes it off.
Use: The villains' boat footage from this episode was used for the Halloween special "Party Monsters." The plot of this episode was not adapted.
Kevin has a hard time shaking an overzealous Ranger admirer ("Richard Brown" in sentai); meanwhile, the team needs Kevin to thwart a fire-based monster.
- A hyperactive monster enrages Xandred; Dayu sends him out.
- The monster causes destruction until the four Rangers (sans Blue) arrive. The monster is not only immune to Red's fire attack, but Pink's wind attack just feeds his flames.
- Later, Blue fights the monster but gets flamed (right); the others arrive to help, and the monster is somehow made to enlarge.
- In the Megazord fight, Blue's Swordfish counters the monster's flames, and the Battlewing Megazord finishes him.
Use: This episode was skipped, except for a similar theme of Bulk and Spike wanting to train at the dojo in PRS #30: "The Strange Case of the Munchies."
Mike struggles to master a blade grasp technique; a monster knocks him out and causes trouble by impersonating him. Dayu finds Deker lying unconscious on the riverbank.
- Xandred speaks with Dayu; a second Dayu enters, revealing that the first was a shapeshifting monster. Pestered by Furrywarts, Xandred sends the monster out.
- Green fights Moogers alone but is knocked out by the monster's strike to his head (he tries to use an overhead blade catch, but he misses).
- As the others arrive and fight Moogers, the monster briefly spies on them. The fight continues until the four are distracted by someone.
- Dayu finds human Deker lying on the bank of the Sanzu River.
- The five Rangers fight the monster, who briefly looks like Red (it's not a great ruse, but it's enough to distract Blue). Green struggles against the monster and manages to catch his sword blade (right). The monster is defeated.
- While facing the Battlewing Megazord, the giant monster shapeshifts to look like his robotic foe. A slash turns the monster back to normal, and the Zord's finisher destroys him.
Use: A Dayu/Deker scene was used in PRS #15. The main plot of this episode was skipped, but some of its battle footage was used in the Christmas special "Stuck on Christmas."
Kevin, Mike, and Emily try to outdo the mansion's assistants as they help out around town; the Rangers work together to defeat a shell-bearing monster.
- Xandred speaks with Dayu, who recalls speaking with Deker. The Furrywarts pester her. A shy monster doesn't want to talk with anyone.
- Red and Pink fight the monster; the others arrive, but their attacks don't work against his armored shell. Green and Yellow are briefly distracted and run off just long enough for the monster to escape.
- The monster bounces around in the Sanzu River in ball form. The villains watch and talk.
- The Rangers confront the rolling monster. Green and Yellow use "branch" and "boulder" kanji to make a wall, Pink's fan increases Red's fire, and Blue's giant "wave" kanji washes over the monster. The attacks seem unsuccessful until the monster's shell begins to crack (right); Red explains the rapid heating and cooling did the trick. After finishing the monster, the Rangers bow appreciatively to someone nearby.
- The Megazord falters against the monster, but the Rangers repeat the hot-cold trick with the Beetle and Swordfish attachments, and the Tiger drill finishes him off.
Use: This episode was skipped in season 1 (except for a Dayu/Deker scene in PRS #15). It was later adapted mildly closely as PRS #22: "Shell Game," except that new Super Samurai and Zord footage were substituted in, and the subplot about the assistants was omitted.
As Jayden is haunted by an unknown presence, Mike and Emily track down a mysterious sushi seller (Antonio); he ends up helping them as the Gold Ranger against the monster who's been spying on Red.
- On the villains' boat, a monster (Vulpes) kneels before a mirrored tablet. Vulpes later speaks with Octoroo while watching the tablet. Before long, he grabs his tablet and leaves indignantly.
- Vulpes has his tablet at a shore; Red steals it and is joined by Pink and Blue. The Rangers boast of having outsmarted Vulpes somehow, and Red slices the tablet. The monster uses a wind blast.
- In the woods, the three struggle against Vulpes, and Red suddenly grows fatigued. Green and Yellow arrive, but the monster warps the team's own energy slashes back them and follows with replica attacks of his own.
- A goofy, cocky Gold Ranger shows up; he beats the Moogers so quickly he hardly seems move. Fighting more elsewhere, he taunts them from a tree but falls; he then beats them but is buried in trees he accidentally cut down.
- Red briefly helps Gold against Vulpes, but it's Gold who finishes him off. He brags cheerily (right).
- Gold is startled as Vulpes grows. When the Battlewing Megazord struggles against the monster's invisibility spell, Gold summons a flying Octozord which exposes him and lets the Rangers finish him off.
Use: This episode was adapted fairly closely as PRS #13: "Unexpected Arrival." Antonio sells grilled fish rather than sushi, and the Octozord emerges from a different vessel. A childhood flashback of Jayden and Antonio appeared in this episode rather than the next.
Antonio is revealed as Jayden's childhood friend; Jayden overcomes his reluctance to allow Antonio to serve as the sixth member of the team.
- Furrywarts dangle as Xandred is a bit irritated with Octoroo. A boisterous monster enters and then sets out.
- The monster fights the Rangers and nearly defeats Red before he has to leave. The Rangers ponder their near-defeat, and Pink asks Red something thought-provoking.
- Later, Gold joins the others against Moogers and the monster; Gold and Red team up (right).
- The Megazord isn't doing well against the monster until the Octozord merges with it.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #14: "Room for One More."
Kevin bickers with Antonio, but they have to work together to thwart Octoroo's plan to prime an evil well.
- Furrywarts dangle as Xandred enters and talks for a while with Dayu. Octoroo isn't around.
- Octoroo has a plan involving an abandoned well and an axe which he gives to a monster.
- The axe-wielding monster is confronted by Blue and Gold; he drenches them in an oily substance, making their weapons too slippery. Octoroo ultimately sends them flying.
- Blue and Gold use rags (right) to wield their weapons against Moogers. They find the monster and Octoroo in the mountains and are soon joined by the others (Blue bows to Red). Octoroo leaves, and Red promptly scorches the flammable monster; following strikes from Blue and Gold, the monster falls into the well and blows it up.
- The monster's oil lets him detach the Octozord from the Megazord, but the Zords manage to reassemble and finish him off.
Use: This episode was adapted fairly closely as PRS #15: "The Blue and the Gold." Octoroo's scheme was changed to involve stolen toys rather than hatcheted schoolgirls, and Dayu/Deker scenes were moved here from Shinkenger 15 and 16.
The day before Emily's birthday, a monster steals her soul; the Rangers must defeat the monster in 24 hours, but he's nowhere to be found. After unwittingly meeting Deker, Antonio saves the day with his new Claw Zord, but someone steals the Octozord.
- The Sanzu River and Xandred are both restless, it seems. A monster (Splitface) boards the boat.
- The six Rangers fight Splitface, who can dissassemble and reassemble; he does something to Yellow and leaves around sunset.
- Splitface talks to himself on the villains' swaying boat. Later, he's still aboard the boat, but he finds a glowing kanji ("Lobster") on his body.
- At daytime, the Claw Zord is downtown (right); Splitface gets drawn out of a crevice and smacked by the Claw Zord.
- The Rangers (still sans Yellow) confront the monster, who's unable to escape. Green and Red finish him.
- Gold uses the Claw Zord to pummel Splitface; giant Moogers arrive but are defeated by the Claw Battlezord (with assistance from the Battlewing). The monster falls.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #16: "Team Spirit," minus the Octozord thief.
Crossover #1: Episode 24 of Kamen Rider Decade takes place between Shinkenger episodes 20 and 21. In it, Gold confronts the Octozord thief, a Masked Rider from another universe, but a monster steals the Rider's powers. (The Rider crossover was skipped.)
A Rider-monster remains on the loose (see crossover above). Mia and Mike run into Mike's dad at a restaurant; another monster turns people evil, and Mia and Mike deal with a hostage situation. Later, a stranger warns Jayden about a destroyer of worlds.
- A Rider-monster summons Moogers from its own crevices; the five Rangers (sans Gold) defeat the Moogers, but the monster isn't shown again.
- A different monster boards the villains' boat, but the only one to greet him are Furrywarts.
- Downtown, the second monster is happy about something, but Red attacks him; Yellow and Blue join in, but Red sends them on a side mission. They return, and Red's fire turns the monster's egg projectiles into hard-boiled versions, upsetting the monster. The trio finishes him (right).
- Green and Pink arrive for Zord time; Gold helps the Battlewing Megazord in the Claw Zord.
Use: This episode was skipped.
Crossover #2: Episode 25 of Kamen Rider Decade takes place between Shinkenger episodes 21 and 22. In it, the Rangers meet the purported destroyer of worlds, another Masked Rider, who helps them defeat the Rider-monster. Gold exchanges the thief's powers for the stolen Octozord, and the Riders depart. (The Rider crossover was skipped.)
Emily pretends to be the fiancée of a wealthy heir who has a crush on her, while Jayden pretends to be her servant; Emily has to sour the heir's affections to save him from an emotion-leeching monster.
- Octoroo and Dayu talk. A monster comes and goes. They talk more.
- The six Rangers confront the monster, who has little interest in them; he sics Moogers on them and gets away.
- Later, the four Rangers (minus Red and Yellow) struggle against the monster until Red and Yellow arrive (right); Yellow uses a spin attack, and the Rangers' cannon finishes the monster. Yellow nods appreciatively to Red.
- Flying giant Moogers fight the Battlewing Megazord as the Claw Zord fights the monster. The Octozord merges with the Claw Zord, and the "Claw North" is triumphant.
Use: This episode was skipped.
The Rangers visit a temple where a new device is being prepared; Jayden is poisoned by Octoroo, but Deker carries him away (after learning Gold Ranger is the sushi seller he somewhat admired). Xandred overloads a monster who attacked the Rangers without permission (cont'd below).
- Xandred brims with power, and the Sanzu River roils. Furrywarts dangle, and Octoroo and Dayu talk.
- The Battlewing Megazord and Claw North fight giant Moogers. Victory follows.
- The Sanzu River is calm. A monster speaks sinisterly with Octoroo, who rebuffs him. Dayu later enters and finds no one in the main room.
- The four Rangers (no Red or Gold) fight a monster at a temple and bamboo forest (right). They fare poorly.
- Gold fights Octoroo at the temple.
- On his boat, Xandred exacts revenge upon the monster. On the shore, Octoroo watches as giant Moogers and Spitfangs arise.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #17: "The Tengen Gate," except that Dayu and Deker's backstory was original.
Deker heals Jayden and reveals his origin (which Dayu overhears); Jayden vows to fight him the next time they meet. Antonio completes the new device and gives it to Jayden, who uses it to defeat the powered-up monster (see previous episode).
- Octoroo speaks urgently with Xandred, who is calm and collected. On the shore, the monster (above) reels in pain and ultimately mutates.
- Moogers and the super-monster rampage; the four Rangers are eventually joined by Red and Gold; Red uses a new device to gain a vest power-up (Super Mode), which Gold boastfully introduces (right). Red fights Moogers, and the others join in after Gold returns their colored discs to them. Red defeats the monster.
- The giant monster is joined by Moogers and two giant Spitfangs; Super Red uses his new device to form the Claw Armor Megazord, and the Moogers fall. The Battlewing and Octozord form a cannon which destroys the three remaining monsters.
Use: Most of this episode was adapted closely as PRS #18: "Boxed In," except that the ending veered off when Jayden and Antonio arrived: no Super Mode was introduced, and Arachnitor wasn't destroyed in small scale (hence, his Zord battle wasn't used, nor did the Spitfangs appear). Arachnitor's demise (including Super modes and Claw Armor Megazord) was then loosely adapted for PRS #21: "Super Samurai."
Dayu goes AWOL; a monster casts Dayu and Mia into a dream world, where Mia learns her foe's origin. Kevin and Mike break the dream spell, and Emily is injured as Mia is reluctant to fight Dayu. Jayden and Antonio exhaust themselves in a Zord battle, but Deker shows up for his duel (cont'd below).
- Xandred is angry with Dayu; Octoroo tries to defuse the situation. Xandred scorches her shamisen; she clutches it as he speaks further, and she then runs away. Xandred later drinks alone.
- The five Rangers fight a monster; Yellow appears distracted by someone in need.
- Later fighting Green and Blue, the monster controls a chunk of pavement and summons a boulder which chases them wackily (right). Green thinks to make himself grow and kicks the boulder as a soccer ball (Blue is kicked along with it). The monster runs away, upset.
- Green and Blue confront the monster elsewhere and slash off a piece of his hand. He's upset again.
- Gold and Red are together; Red goes Super, and both pilot the Claw Armor Megazord against giant Moogers and Spitfangs. They successfully execute a spin blast which wipes out all of their surrounding foes.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #19: "Broken Dreams," except that Dayu's backstory was rewritten to involve Deker. Further, the Claw Armor Megazord was replaced via nimble editing (it hadn't debuted yet in PRS).
Deker defeats attacking Moogers and delays his duel with Jayden as a favor to Antonio. Jayden later heads out to his duel despite Kevin's objections. The monster returns, and Kevin uses Jayden's power-up device to defeat him. Jayden wins his duel with Deker (by strategically allowing himself to be stabbed in the shoulder), and Deker falls off a cliff.
- The previous monster gets away from Green and Blue.
- As Octoroo ponders on the boat, the monster is treated with water but remains upset over his injured hand. Octoroo gives him an idea.
- The five Rangers (sans Red) fight Moogers summoned by the monster. Blue apologetically borrows Red's Super device and beats the monster.
- The giant monster uses comical tele-jumping against the Claw Armor Megazord, but Blue leads them to block, and they manage to summon their cannon and win.
- Red duels Deker at length at the ocean.
- Red takes a stab in the shoulder to get a swipe at Deker (right), who falls off the cliff. Part of his broken sword remains nearby.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #20: "The Ultimate Duel," except that the Claw Armor Megazord still didn't appear.
A monster goes about switching people's souls with inanimate objects; four of the Rangers succumb to his curse, leaving only Mike and Emily unaffected. With Yellow's help, Mike swaps bodies with the monster and coerces him into undoing the curse; the duo then defeats him in battle. The monster's master, Serrator, arises from the river (cont'd below).
- Xandred and Octoroo are irritated by the Furrywarts; Dayu remains absent. A monster introduces himself to the villains.
- Green and Yellow fight a monster who has apparently done something to someone. The others arrive, and the monster uses a tentacle to poke Red and then something or someone else.
- The monster chats with Xandred and Octoroo on the boat. Xandred tosses a Furrywart out of the boat. It drifts down an Earthen stream, where Dayu finds it.
- Later, Green and Yellow fight the monster; it pokes Green and tries to poke a mailbox, but Yellow grabs the tentacle and pokes the monster instead (right), switching their minds; vexed, monster-as-Green threatens harm to Green's body, but Green-as-monster briefly switches him with a soccer ball which Yellow abuses. Back in Green's body, the monster grudgingly accedes and slashes Green-as-monster, switching everyone back (including Green).
- Yellow and Green fight the monster; Green wins in Super Mode.
- Yellow and Green fight alone in the Claw Armor Megazord and eventually win.
- An evil general (Serrator) arises from water near the villains' boat.
Use: This episode was closely adapted as PRS #23: "Trading Places," but the Rangers' objects were different, and the monster's tentacle-stab was given a "boing" sound effect to make it seem non-stabby. Serrator wasn't seen in this episode.
Antonio is paralyzed by a fear of sushi, inflicted on him during his time as a piece of sushi (above). Despite the others' attempts to help him conquer his fear, Antonio retires from the team and creates a talking robotic lantern to take his place. Serrator tests the five Rangers in battle, but Antonio arrives brandishing the lantern, having been cured of his fear with tough love from Jayden's advisor. Serrator departs.
- Serrator arrives on the boat and bows to Xandred; Xandred delivers a slash to his shoulder which he doesn't block, surprising Xandred.
- Small-scale Spitfangs are fireballing a neighborhood. The five Rangers defeat Moogers and evacuate civilians, but more Moogers emerge; the Rangers win after a brief distraction.
- As the Rangers face off with a Spitfang, a lightning bolt blasts all (destroying the monster); Serrator descends, speaks, and then pummels the Rangers.
- Serrator makes a paper cutout which turns into giant warrior (Papyrox); it blasts the Rangers below. Red Supers up and pilots the Battlewing Megazord while the others confront Serrator, who uses a soccer-like attack against them. The Papyrox breaks Zords off the Megazord and pounds it.
- Gold joins the four Rangers with a new lantern and stick; he counters Serrator's attacks and hits him in the shoulder (right). We flash back to Xandred's strike to the same shoulder. Serrator leaves.
- With Red in trouble above, Gold deploys the lantern, which turns into a giant robot; the others are puzzled, but Gold explains. The lantern fights the warrior (Red takes a moment to smack it on the backside to dislodge a stuck disc it was trying to fire). The warrior falls.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #24: "Something Fishy" (with Antonio afraid of fish), except that the Light Zord doesn't speak.
An argument between Antonio and his lantern prompts the lantern to run away. Mia tries to reconcile them, but the Rangers must fight a monster who creates doubles of himself. At night, Antonio apologizes to the lantern, and his light helps the Rangers defeat the monster.
- Xandred and Octoroo seem irritable, but Serrator introduces a monster.
- The monster confronts the six Rangers; they soon discover they can't keep him down because he's generating doubles of himself. The monster eventually leaves, and the Rangers remain frustrated.
- Later at night, the monster attacks, but the Rangers confront him with the lantern shining behind them. His duplicates are soon burned away by the lantern's light (right), and Red lets Pink Super up to destroy him.
- The Claw Armor Megazord and lantern fight the monster; when he replicates, the lantern's discs reveal him, and Pink finishes him with the cannon.
Use: This episode's battles were used in PRS #29: "Runaway Spike," but the plot was mostly US-original (notwithstanding the coincidental runaway theme).
Kevin and Emily investigate a school of brainwashed students and teachers. The lantern helps reveal the monster responsible, and Kevin defeats him.
- Serrator watches the river; Octoroo speaks with him, and he introduces a bizarre puppetmaster monster already at work. Later, the monster stands.
- Yellow (with his lantern) and Blue confront a monster and fight until the other four arrive.
- Super Blue beats up the monster while Green comments; Blue finishes him in midair (no growth is shown).
- Claw North is formed; as the other Zords come together, the enlarging lantern bumps into Red's Zord and merges with the other four in its place. Claw North is knocked down, but the Mega Lanternzord pounds the monster and spears him.
Use: This episode was skipped.
A nurse tells the Rangers that the villains have taken a young hospital patient hostage. The Rangers are ambushed in the hospital basement (as they expected), and Jayden uses a new power-up. The monster takes Antonio and the nurse hostage, but the others rescue them.
- Octoroo talks to himself while walking the riverbank but finds something putrid bubbling up nearby.
- A monster speaks with the villains on their boat (a flashback shows another monster's defeat by the Samurai Shark Megazord, which was introduced in one of the movies). The monster leaves, as does Serrator. Octoroo grumbles.
- The five Rangers fight Moogers in a tunnel; the lantern tries to help but releases the wrong disc and gets kicked. As the fight continues, Green recovers the lantern and fires a red disc to Red, allowing him to defeat everyone with a new red robe ("Shark Attack Mode") and a Shark Sword. With no time to celebrate, the Rangers continue through the tunnel.
- The Battlewing blasts a monster and Moogers at some sort of encampment at a quarry. The Rangers arrive, beat the Moogers, and face the monster; also present are Gold and Shark Red (right). The monster is vexed; more Moogers are defeated, and Red destroys the monster.
- As the Claw Zord and Megazord fight the monster, he takes the Claw Zord as a hostage. Red sends the Shark Zord to bite the monster in the rear; the Shark then forms a new helmet and sword, and the monster is destroyed.
Use: This episode was loosely adapted as PRS #25: "The Rescue." Ji and Antonio were the hostages, and no hospital was involved.
The Rangers are visited by a boy from the mountain where the Bull Zord was sealed long ago. A monster uses the boy to release the Bull, who remains trapped inside it. Dayu finds the remaining piece of Deker's sword (see episode 26).
- On Earth, Serrator gives orders to a monster. Near the sea, the blade from Deker's sword remains.
- The five Rangers fight Moogers and the monster; Gold arrives to help, but the monster escapes.
- A Bull Zord rises up from the earth and goes wild; the monster sends giant Moogers try to capture it. The Megazord and Claw Zord arrive, but Moogers occupy them while other Moogers chain the Bull (right). Escaping, the Bull topples the Claw Zord and gets away from the Megazord.
- Dayu finds Deker's blade.
Use: This episode and the next were condensed into PRS #26: "The Bull Zord." The plot was more or less the same, minus the foreshadowing of Deker's return.
Serrator tells Dayu that Deker is still alive; she finds him and relays Serrator's offer to repair their respective items. The duo later attacks the Rangers, but Jayden follows the monster and evicts him from the Bull. The boy tames the Bull, which he and Jayden use to destroy the giant monster.
- The monster bows while reporting to Xandred and Octoroo.
- Serrator speaks with Dayu, who holds Deker's blade. She seems unsure of Serrator's proposition, which seems to involve repairing her shamisen.
- At night, the Bull is caught in power lines.
- At daytime, the six Rangers fight Moogers until the monster blasts them. Dayu and Deker arrive (Deker lacks his original sword). The monster exits as the Rangers fight Deker; Blue has Red pursue the monster.
- The Bull runs off cliff but goes airborne; the monster falls out of it, turns into a fireball, and grows. The Bull transforms into warrior mode (right), as the others see while fighting Deker. Deker and Dayu leave.
- The giant monster burns the surrounding forest, but the Bull destroys him.
Use: See previous episode. Dayu and Deker were omitted.
Mia's father invites her to Hawaii (her parents left her to train with her grandmother after their generation's great battle). As the Rangers fight Moogers abducting children, Mia plants an alarm on a boy before he's taken. Xandred punishes Serrator for secretly hiring Deker and Dayu. The Rangers free the children as Mia's father watches. Mia later reconciles with her mother.
- Serrator describes a scheme to Xandred and Octoroo whereby the Sanzu River's red water will spill out of assorted crevices. Xandred stabs Serrator in the foot with his sword and walks off.
- The five Rangers (sans Pink) fight Moogers at a schoolyard.
- Red, Green, and Blue attack Moogers and Serrator, who seem to have been hiding outside a building. Serrator fights Gold and Yellow before blasting all five.
- The fight with Serrator and Moogers continues on a warehouse, where the Rangers are surrounded and blasted. Pink arrives and saves the day in Super Mode (right).
- Serrator creates a Papyrox who's joined by giant Moogers (in pyramid formations) and two Spitfangs. Outside the warehouse, Red has Pink keep the Super Mode in the Megazord while he uses the Bull. Riding the Bull, the Megazord wallops the Moogers. The Claw Zord fights the Spitfangs, and the Bull transforms; the three finishers destroy the monster trio.
Use: This episode's battles were used in PRS #27: "He Ain't Heavy Metal, He's My Brother," but the plot was US-original. Deker's return was again delayed, and Xandred didn't stab Serrator's foot.
After reminiscing about his former career, Kevin has his Morpher eaten by a monster. In disguise, he inspires his old friend at the theater but then joins the others as they recover his Morpher. The Gigazord debuts.
- A monster vexes Octoroo by munching on everything around him through his hand. The monster, it seems, belongs to Serrator. Xandred seems to approve.
- The monster emerges from a crevice and hand-munches on a building.
- The Rangers minus Blue fight the monster; Green makes a call on his Morpher pen, making the monster's hand ring. The Rangers rush in to sever his hand, but Deker and Dayu intrude; the monster escapes.
- Gold and Super Red fight Deker. The monster continues eating stuff nearby until Deker and Dayu slay him; Red quickly chops off his hand before he grows... into a giant demon wall.
- Blue joins the team; the Claw Armor Megazord has trouble against the wall, but Gold giddily encourages Red to use a new disc. The Zords perform a combined blast and then merge into the Gigazord (right). A super-blast destroys the demon wall.
Use: This episode was adapted fairly closely as PRS #28: "Kevin's Choice," but with a swimming theme in place of kabuki. Deker and Dayu's prior scenes were also condensed and delayed until this episode.
After people rave over his curry (which he made per Emily's request), Antonio is offered a job at a curry restaurant. Emily counters a destructive monster. Antonio resumes his dream of making sushi.
- A hyperactive monster (Sharkjaw) enters; Octoroo explains his scheme (Serrator seems privately displeased).
- The five Rangers show up looking for a monster; suddenly, a nearby building is pulverized by the spinning Sharkjaw. Gold arrives, but the Rangers struggle against the monster (Green's sword blade is ruined). Sharkjaw leaves to rehydrate. The lantern arrives at this point and pulls Gold away.
- On the boat, Octoroo pours some water on the monster; he then leaves. Serrator seems displeased that Xandred approves.
- Sharkjaw pulverizes more buildings until the Rangers arrive. Yellow borrows Red's device, Supers up, and uses her own spin attack (right) to get in a good stab against the monster. Gold and Yellow finish him off.
- The Light Zord and Claw Armor Megazord are struck by the monster; the Light Zord then holds him, and the Gigazord destroys him.
Use: The first of this episode's monster battles was used in "Clash of the Red Rangers," but the conclusion was skipped. The main plot of this episode was skipped.
A gluey monster sticks Kevin and Mike together; they have to work together to beat the monster.
- A monster blows up buildings until the five Rangers arrive; he fights them and ends up gluing Blue and Green together at the hands. The monster flees when Gold arrives.
- The monster is gluing people to stuff downtown when the four Rangers arrive; he lures them into a sticky trap.
- Despite their handicap, Green and Blue fight (right) and destroy the monster. All the glue disappears. The monster grows, and Green and Blue are saved by Red in the Bull and Gold in the Claw Zord. Yellow and Pink join the duo below.
- Claw North, the Light Zord, and the Bull fight and defeat the monster at sunset; the others cheer below.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #31: "A Sticky Situation."
The Rangers insist that Ji take his annual day off (disabling the mansion's alarms to get him to leave), but they have trouble against a monster and his rifle squad. Just in the nick of time, Ji shows up with the Bullzooka, having seen through the team's ruse.
- The villains watch from the boat as a monster on the shore trains a rifle squad of Moogers.
- The monster and rifle squad emerge and fire on people downtown, but the six Rangers come to the people's rescue. Green attacks but is shot out of the air; eventually, Blue and Yellow make the squad retreat.
- The six Rangers later face the squad again; Red Supers up, and the Rangers dash around to thwart their aim before slashing them. Gold boasts but is then shot; the Rangers are surrounded and promptly gunned down. The Rangers prepare their Morpher pens, but their black-garbed assistants throw smoke bombs.
- Red is armed with a new Bullzooka (right), which he uses to blast all of the Moogers and outgun the monster. He finishes the monster off by combining his blaster with his sword for a fire bull blast.
- The lantern wants to fight, so Green enlarges him with a "big" kanji, and the Mega Lanternzord is formed; the Bull arrives too. The monster now has a giant bazooka squad; Red enlarges his Bullzooka, and victory ensues.
Use: The monster battle and Bullzooka debut from this episode were combined with episode 39 (below). The subplot of Ji's day off wasn't adapted.
The Rangers investigate a village turned mad by ashes from Serrator's altar. Mike and Antonio are turned on each other. Unnerved by Deker's suggestion that he's gone soft, Jayden destroys the altar; Mia remains concerned about Jayden.
- Serrator kneels at an ocean altar with Moogers.
- On the boat, Serrator and Octoroo talk. A Furrywart makes Xandred think. At Serrator's altar, Dayu holds her own Furrywart (but no shamisen); Moogers are nearby.
- Yellow and Blue are outmatched by Dayu while Red and Pink fight Deker.
- Later, Red Supers up and coolly uses his Bullzooka and sword on Moogers, then makes his way to the altar. Pink struggles against Dayu while Red beats all of the Moogers.
- A Papyrox and Spitfangs arise, and the others join Red (right). The Claw Armor Megazord destroys the Spitfangs, and the Gigazord finishes the battle.
- Xandred grabs the Furrywart that was bothering him and squishes it to dust.
Use: This episode was adapted somewhat closely as PRS #32: "Trust Me," but with elements from the previous sentai episode (notably, the monster battle) worked in.
Octoroo demands Dayu's shamisen back from Serrator; after retrieving it from a crevice, Serrator turns on Octoroo and then barely escapes Xandred's wrath. Despite nearly turning to stone, Xandred injures Jayden and repairs the shamisen before Octoroo drags him away.
- Xandred swats at the Furrywarts and speaks with Octoroo. Meanwhile, Dayu is in the woods with her Furrywart (but without her shamisen).
- Octoroo argues with Serrator; soon, they leave together. Xandred looks at the spot where Dayu used to sit. She's still in the woods.
- Serrator speaks with Octoroo at the ocean. He then performs an incantation on a glowing crevice but catches a sideways glance at Octoroo, who stares into the ocean.
- In flashback, Dayu finds herself on the banks of the Sanzu River, and Xandred comes to speak with her.
- Serrator approaches Octoroo, now holding the shamisen, and promptly takes a swing at Octoroo; he blocks and dodges a subsequent blast before leaving scornfully.
- The six Rangers confront Serrator; he watches as they fight Moogers, but he's then attacked by Dayu. She won't hit her own shamisen, leaving her vulnerable to his attacks. Just then, the sky darkens, stones gather into a makeshift wall, and Xandred bursts out. He immediately begins to turn to stone, but he blasts the Rangers and pursues Serrator, who flees without the shamisen.
- Red attacks Xandred but is hit hard, his sword broken. The others are blasted as well; Red uses Yellow's sword with the Bullzooka and fires despite the others' pleas. Red is slashed and hit with a final strike.
- Xandred takes the shamisen (right) and helps Dayu despite Octoroo's urging. He tears off a chunk of his flesh to repair her shamisen, which she caresses. Octoroo finally drags Xandred away through a crevice.
- A giant bazooka squad arises; Blue Supers up, and the Claw Armor Megazord is formed. Gold helps in the Bull, buying the Rangers time to use their cannon finisher.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #33: "The Master Returns." Footage of Xandred sinking (see next episode) was used here.
After receiving a letter from her sister, Emily regrets being a burden to the team as the youngest Ranger (and her sister's substitute). Her recklessness in battle leaves the others vulnerable to a monster's appetite spell, but she gains self-confidence in time to save the day.
- Serrator sends out a monster from the boat. Octoroo talks with him warily. Meanwhile, Xandred's body sinks through the Sanzu River's waters.
- The five Rangers (sans Red) fight Moogers and a monster; Yellow is hurt.
- The monster dejectedly speaks with Serrator, who holds some sort of device. He sends the monster back out. Octoroo overhears.
- Red fights the monster alone; Yellow comes to help but gets blasted. Red tosses her his device; she Supers up and destroys the monster with the Bullzooka (right).
- The others arrive in their Zords (Gold in the Claw Zord), and Red and Yellow join in. The Gigazord is formed but headbutted back; Yellow detaches in her Ape and latches onto the monster's face, allowing the others to finish him.
Use: This episode was loosely adapted as PRS #30: "The Strange Case of the Munchies"; the monster's effects were retained, but the Emily plot was altered heavily. Further, the Bullzooka was omitted, and footage of Xandred sinking into the Sanzu River was delayed (this episode's adaptation was moved up relative to other Shinkenger episodes).
The Rangers realize Serrator's attacks form a line across the country. Serrator reveals his plan will open a fissure to Hell, but he needs Deker to cut it open, promising the souls of Deker's family trapped inside his sword will be freed. Serrator begins the process, sure Deker will follow through (cont'd below).
- On the boat, Serrator calls up a monster, whom he gives his device (above). Octoroo later confronts him, and they talk. Serrator ultimately slashes at Octoroo and leaves. Furrywarts mock Octoroo; on Earth, Dayu stands after her own Furrywart speaks.
- Serrator pulls Deker's restored sword from a grave at a temple.
- A monster arrives at a spot, apparently led by Serrator's device. Gold fights him; he unleashes a cloud of bugs. The others join in. Red Supers up and attacks, but Serrator blocks and reveals his plan to the Rangers. The monster leaves, and Red, Yellow, and Pink pursue him.
- Red uses his Bullzooka on the monster and has the girls help civilians. Serrator bests the guys and explains his plan further.
- The girls defend Red; the trio counters the monster, and the Bullzooka destroys him.
- Red, Pink, and Yellow pilot the Megazord, which is grappled by giant Moogers and blasted. The Battlewing Megazord destroys Spitfangs, and the Claw Armor Megazord cannon destroys the monster.
- Serrator opens various pillars of purple light (right) as Dayu looks on from afar.
Use: This was adapted as PRS #34: "A Crack in the World."
Antonio hesitates to slay a weakened Deker after thinking of his family. He fails to convince Deker to stop, but Deker ends up striking Serrator, revealing he knew all along his sword was made from his family (yet he killed with it all this time anyway). As Deker is clearly no longer human, the ceremony fails. The Rangers finish off Serrator and then decorate for Christmas.
- Serrator holds Deker's sword at a steaming pile of boulders.
- Serrator is joined by Moogers; Red, Yellow, and Pink beat them, but Super Red fails to beat Serrator with the Bullzooka. Serrator sees something.
- Serrator's plan is ruined: the pillars stop, and the six Rangers use both their cannons on him, making him grow.
- The Bull, Megazord, and Light Zord face Serrator and two Papyroxes (right). The Papyroxes fall, but Serrator is tough, even against the Gigazord. The Shark Zord eventually grants them a victory.
Use: This episode was adapted as PRS #35: "Stroke of Fate," with Deker's backstory altered. It wasn't Christmastime.
As New Year's approaches, Jayden receives an unexpected letter. Dayu returns, and Octoroo endows a monster with a fire-eating attack to target Jayden. Jayden unexpectedly survives the attacks (albeit barely) and destroys the monster with a suicide attack. A female Red Ranger helps the Rangers finish off their now-giant foe. Below, her assistant introduces her as Princess Lauren, the true head of the Shiba family.
- Octoroo is alone on the boat until Dayu returns. They talk. A monster boards the boat.
- On Earth, Octoroo gives the monster a chain of blue things, explaining his plan; Dayu is there too.
- The six Rangers fight Moogers; a monster uses a blue fire attack on Red, hurting his shoulder, and then blasts him again. The others take turns defending Red, finding the attacks don't hurt them very much, yet they devastate Red. Red stands and Supers up but gets blasted again and staggers away.
- Later, Red takes a final blast but manages to return fire with the Bullzooka, defeating the monster. Nearby, Octoroo and Dayu ponder.
- Super Blue leads the call for the Claw Armor Megazord (Red is absent); the monster breaks the Zords apart. At this point, the Lion Zord arrives and finishes the monster with its fire finisher.
Use: This episode was adapted as PRS #36: "Fight Fire with Fire." Lauren was changed to Jayden's sister, and she had no accompanying assistant.
As Jayden remains injured, the Rangers learn that he was a double intended to cover for Lauren, but she no longer wishes to hide (she, not Jayden, knows the special symbol required to seal Xandred away). The others are reluctant to follow anyone but Jayden, but he's busy feeling guilty and empty; when Deker challenges him to another fight, he agrees (cont'd below).
- Octoroo and Dayu talk. On the shore, big and small Moogers arise.
- The four Rangers (sans Red or Gold) fight Moogers and are joined by an aloof female Red who trounces the foes, eventually Supering up (right). When faced with giant Moogers, Red shoots them with her Bullzooka, then finishes off those below with a fiery attack which the others barely escape.
- Red and the others pilot the Megazord against the giant Moogers; they use the Mega Tigerzord and then Gigazord for victory.
Use: This episode and the next were condensed into PRS #37: "The Great Duel."
Jayden and Deker fight. Octoroo sacrifices half of his life to empower a monster. After destroying the monster, the others (minus Kevin) rush off to help Jayden.
- Male-Red fights Deker.
- On the boat, Octoroo infuses a monster with energy. Dayu is taken aback by something Octoroo says. Afterward, Octoroo is thoroughly drained. Dayu still holds her Furrywart.
- Gold fights the monster but is defeated.
- The five Rangers (including female-Red) fight the monster; Red Supers up and soon finishes him with the Bullzooka. The other Rangers appear subdued.
- The Battlewing Megazord struggles against the monster, who brims with power. The Zord's finisher appears to work, but the monster has taken on a serpentine form. The Gigazord wins.
- Male-Red and Deker fight on horseback (right) and leap up to clash in mid-air (cont'd below).
Use: See previous episode.
After some convincing by his fisherman friend (see episode 7), Kevin sets out to join Jayden. Meanwhile, it seems Deker just won't die, and Jayden is nearly tempted to the side of evil, but Deker's sword pins him in place, and he finally succumbs to Jayden's earlier slice. The Rangers slap some sense into Jayden, and he helps the Rangers fight badguys. Dayu's shamisen is broken open, and Xandred arrives.
- On the boat, Octoroo consults a book, but Dayu remains distant.
- Deker and male-Red continue to fight, even at night. Eventually, male-Red cuts him down.
- Octoroo and Dayu talk. She admires her shamisen. Outside, big and small Moogers arise.
- Giant Moogers are on the loose; Gold and Super female-Red pilot the Claw Armor Megazord while the others (sans male-Red) fight small Moogers below.
- Pink fights Dayu (right), slashing her and her shamisen. Darkness surges out from the instrument, and the other three join Pink as Xandred is revealed (cont'd below).
Use: This episode was adapted fairly closely as PRS #38: "Evil Reborn."
Xandred absorbs Dayu. As the Rangers (minus Jayden) fight Xandred, Lauren draws her sealing character; it seems to work, but Xandred returns (albeit with a scarred chest), having absorbed enough humanity from Dayu to render him immune. Xandred injures Lauren, and Jayden helps the Rangers escape. Lauren steps down, announcing that she has adopted Jayden as her son, entitling him to the role of her successor. Xandred then attacks as the Sanzu River overflows.
- Dayu is adoring toward Xandred, who then absorbs her. Female-Red and Gold arrive but are blasted. The six Rangers regroup, and Red hands out her power-ups to Blue and Green (Super Blue and Shark Green). All then attack without female-Red.
- As the others are pummeled, female-Red stands above drawing a kanji character (right); once she's finished, the character seems to imprison Xandred in a cliff face, but he emerges and blasts the Rangers (Red in particular). The Rangers retreat, and Xandred leaves after taking Dayu's robe and crushing her Furrywart.
- On the boat, Octoroo animatedly speaks of the Sanzu River. Xandred casts away a silk dress and then orders the start of their attack.
- Red water floods the city; Xandred and Octoroo ride out from a crevice on their boat.
- The six Rangers (female-Red is now replaced by male-Red once again) charge Moogers in the quarry as the boat remains downtown (cont'd below).
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #39: "The Sealing Symbol."
As the others defend him, Jayden uses a special disc provided by Lauren; it only injures Xandred. Xandred leaves to attack Lauren, but the Rangers receive two more special discs, which they use to defeat Xandred. He grows, and the Rangers close in (despite great damage to their Zords) to deliver a finishing strike. The Sanzu River waters recede, and the Rangers go their separate ways for now.
- The six Rangers fight Moogers; Xandred sails there and confronts them. Red eyes a wound on Xandred's chest and Supers up.
- The Rangers cut through Moogers and two Spitfangs; Green and Blue defend Red from Xandred's blast, and Red stabs Xandred in the chest with his fire sword. Xandred isn't down yet, and Red's sword disc breaks apart. The Rangers are blasted, and the lantern may be ruined at this point.
- Later, the Rangers combine their kanji into a "Bind" character which restrains Xandred. Red uses a disc bearing the kanji for "Double" to make a second giant sword; he slashes the heck out of Xandred but is blasted back. The others attack, Blue delivering a fire stab; Xandred is hurt but blasts them again.
- The Gigazord faces off against giant Xandred (right), whose growth wasn't shown. To Xandred's surprise, the Zords keep advancing, even as he blasts more and more Zords off of them. The Megazord is impaled but still performs a finishing slash; he grabs the Megazord's head while speaking but then explodes in a massive fireball (are the Zords destroyed here?).
- The red waters recede, and the boat returns to the Sanzu River and sinks.
Use: This episode was adapted closely as PRS #40: "Samurai Forever."
Crossover (Shinkenger vs. Go-onger)
A Venjix general, Professor Cog, casts the RPM Rangers into alternate worlds. The Samurai Rangers are joined by Scott (RPM Red) against Grinders, but Jayden isn't impressed. Cog needs Sanzu River water for his pollution generator; Venjix's former generals are revived, but they dine at Antonio's and then return to the underworld rather than serve Cog. Cog tries to banish Scott and Jayden, but the other Samurai Rangers are lost instead; a Nighlok then captures Jayden's advisor and Scott's robot friend.
In alternate universes (one Christmasy, one samurai-themed, and one full of junk), the Samurai team meets the assorted RPM Rangers. When Jayden rejects Cog's demands even to save the hostages, Scott fights him, but it was just a distraction to free the hostages. The RPM Zords bring the others, and all morph.
As the thirteen Rangers do battle, Serrator, Deker, and Dayu arrive but are repelled by the following year's Ranger team! Jayden and Scott trade weapons, and the monster and Cog grow upon defeat. As the villains fly to the moon (the site of the generator), the Rangers chase in their respective Zords and destroy the monster; Cog merges with his generator, but the Zords destroy him as well. After saying goodbye on Earth, the RPM Rangers fly their Zords through a portal in the sky.
- The SkyRev Megazord faces off with giant Cog (right) in a dusty plain at sunset; they both fire, but Cog tricks the RPM Rangers with a medallion over his heart (stopping SkyRev's bullet). SkyRev falls, and Cog sucks the component Zords into a rift in the sky.
- A storm rages above the villains' boat. Later, inside, a Venjix-branded robot general (Professor Cog) speaks with Xandred and Serrator. At the riverbank, Grinders pour river water into a contraption which sends it through a warp. Somewhere, a large generator fills with the red water.
- Scott's Eagle Racer comes to rest in a grassy mountain plain.
- The five Samurai Rangers fight Grinders until RPM Red (Scott) arrives and defeats them with great arrogance.
- Gold fights more Grinders with his lantern; Scott arrives and leads them elsewhere, where he destroys them and calls out Cog. They fight, and Gold and the other Samurai Rangers join in. Still arrogant, Scott says something haunting to Red, and both are struck with Cog's bullets. Cog prepares a purple blast, but the other Samurai Rangers shield the Reds, vanishing into a warp in their stead. The Reds fall into nearby water, and a monster speaks with Cog.
- In a quarry, the Reds face off with each other while surrounded by Moogers and Grinders; Cog watches. Scott takes the first shot; Red dashes between Moogers to get to him. Their fight is fairly even until Scott gets a long-distance shot (right); he shoots Red's sword hand, but Red throws his sword at Scott, and both are stunned equally.
- The monster, Cog, and combined foot soldiers are confused by a warp growing above them; all of the RPM Zords fly out and gather behind the unmorphed Reds and then drive off, leaving the rest of the unmorphed RPM and Samurai Rangers together.
- The thirteen morphed Rangers (six Samurai and seven RPM) pose and then fight foot soldiers. A group of Grinders turn into motorcycles for the Moogers (but one doesn't transform and just carries his Mooger around instead). The monster drives around on bladed wheels on his arms, so Red uses kanji to summon a red convertible which Scott drives (Samurai Red stands in the back seat).
- Nearby, the lantern talks by itself but then hides when Serrator, Deker, and Dayu stroll up; who should confront them, then, but the [Goseiger] team (right)! The villains are blasted and retreat; these Rangers leave the lantern as the only witness.
- The Rangers destroy Spitfangs and Moogers; the monster chases the Reds, but Scott makes him crash and lends Red his blaster. Cog interrupts the fight, but Red tosses Scott a disc, which he puts on his Nitro Sword; Red Supers up, and Scott gets the Shark robe. They knock out Cog, but the monster is still around.
- The Rangers join up again; Summer compliments Scott's robe. The Rangers' blasters and swords destroy the monster, but Cog survives and grows alongside the monster. After blasting the Rangers below, the foes vanish, leaving the Rangers to ponder; Gold then points up at the moon.
- Cog and the monster fly up to the moon factory, but scads of Zords are in pursuit; their group surge destroys the monster, but Cog doesn't mind. The Rangers are repulsed by his indifference and form their respective Giga/Ultrazords.
- Cog merges somewhat with his factory and blasts the Zords. A whole mess of Megazords then stand together and fire the Claw Armor Megazord's cannon. Cog and the factory are destroyed, and the Zords insta-gleam back into the Giga/Ultrazords (right).
- Back on Earth, all of the RPM Zords fly away into a sky portal.
Use: This movie was somewhat liberally adapted as the hour-long special "Clash of the Red Rangers." Only Scott appeared (and never in unmorphed form). The teamup finale (including the arrival of the other RPM Rangers) was replaced with battle footage from another unrelated Shinkenger movie.